How to Forward Calls from RingCentral to Smith.ai
RingCentral customers will need to set up call forwarding to Smith.ai in order for our receptionists to answer your calls.
As soon as you're signed up for Smith.ai and have completed the onboarding process, follow the directions below to change the settings in your RingCentral account to ensure your calls are being forwarded correctly.
Forwarding Calls to Smith.ai
- Log in to your RingCentral account at http://service.ringcentral.com
- Click "add phone" and add Smith.ai with the number assigned to you (your "Smith Number")
- In your call routing, specify the times during which calls should be forwarded to Smith.ai, and set all calls to ring your Smith Number. You can learn how to do this here.
- Some users prefer to ring their personal cell number for 5-8 seconds, then fall back on their Smith.ai Receptionists. If you choose to do this:
- Do not allow more than 10 seconds ring time to your cell phone. Even in this case, many callers may hang up before the call reaches the receptionists.
- Choose "Sequentially", not "Simultaneously" for the option under "Phones Will Ring:"
- If your Smith.ai Receptionists have instructions to transfer calls to you, the number must be different (e.g., transferred calls must go directly to your cell phone) than your main RingCentral number. Otherwise, we'll get stuck in an infinite loop!
We're here to help.
Questions about setting up call forwarding from Ring Central? Smith.ai's support team is available to help you Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm PST, via phone at (650) 727-6484 or via email at email@example.com.