Accept or Reject Incoming Call Transfer Requests in a Slack Channel
Connect your Smith.ai account to Slack
- Create a channel for your team to receive Smith.ai incoming call notifications, e.g., #smithai-notifications
- Invite your team members (Sales, Support, etc.) to this channel (only people who would answer the calls)
- Send a request to "authorize Smith.ai notifications in Slack" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- Your workspace name (e.g., Smithai.slack.com).
- The Slack UserIDs of anyone requiring notification (e.g., Aaron: U064WMUJ3 Justin: U066S03RQ) . Here's how to get that:
- Go to their profile in Slack. The easiest way is by going to the Workspace Directory and then clicking on their profile
- Click the overflow (three dots) button
- Click the member ID at the bottom of the list
- Paste it next to their name in the list
- Log in to your Slack workspace: https://slack.com/signin
- Visit this page: Smith.ai authorization
- Select the Smith.ai channel you just created
- Click "Authorize"
- Wait for an email confirmation from the Smith.ai support team that your request has been approved. This will typically happen within 2 business days.
Enable Slack notifications for your Smith.ai channel
You need to enable all notifications for the Smith.ai Slack channel you set up. Also, make sure it is not muted.
- In your Slack workspace or app, go to your Smith.ai channel
- Click on the gear icon
- Click on "Notification preferences ..."
- Make sure "All new messages" is selected for both Desktop and Mobile
- Click "Done"
All set! You'll see notifications from Smith.ai every time a call comes in that meets your "live transfer" criteria.
How to respond to Smith.ai Slack notifications
When your caller meets your "live transfer" requirements, you'll see a notification that looks like this in your Smith.ai Slack channel:
Approve a call transfer request
Click "Yes" to approve the transfer request and have the call connected to you.
Deny a call transfer request
Click "No" to deny the transfer request and have your Smith.ai receptionist handle the call.
What happens if we receive no response
If we do not receive a "Yes" or "No" response within 15 seconds, we will assume you are busy and will not attempt to transfer the call.
Questions? Contact us.
If you need any further assistance with this, please get in touch with Smith.ai Support at email@example.com.