Accept or Reject Incoming Call Transfer Requests in a Slack Channel
Connect your Smith.ai account to Slack
- Create a channel for your team to receive Smith.ai incoming call notifications, e.g., #smithai-notifications
- Invite your team members (Sales, Support, etc.) to this channel (only people who would answer the calls)
- Send a request to "authorize Smith.ai notifications in Slack" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- Your workspace name (e.g., Smithai.slack.com).
- The Slack UserIDs of anyone requiring notification (e.g., Aaron: U064WMUJ3 Justin: U066S03RQ) . Here's how to get that:
- Go to their profile in Slack. The easiest way is by going to the Workspace Directory and then clicking on their profile
- Click the overflow (three dots) button
- Click the member ID at the bottom of the list
- Paste it next to their name in the list
- Wait for email confirmation from the Smith.ai support team that your request has been approved. This will typically happen within 2 business days.
- Log in to your Slack workspace: https://slack.com/signin
- Visit this page: Smith.ai authorization
- Select the Smith.ai channel you just created
- Click "Authorize"
Enable Slack notifications for your Smith.ai channel
You need to enable all notifications for the Smith.ai Slack channel you set up. Also, make sure it is not muted.
- In your Slack workspace or app, go to your Smith.ai channel
- Click on the gear icon
- Click on "Notification preferences ..."
- Make sure "All new messages" is selected for both Desktop and Mobile
- Click "Done"
All set! You'll see notifications from Smith.ai every time a call comes in that meets your "live transfer" criteria.
How to respond to Smith.ai Slack notifications
When your caller meets your "live transfer" requirements, you'll see a notification that looks like this in your Smith.ai Slack channel:
Approve a call transfer request
Click "Yes" to approve the transfer request and have the call connected to you.
Deny a call transfer request
Click "No" to deny the transfer request and have your Smith.ai receptionist handle the call.
What happens if we receive no response
If we do not receive a "Yes" or "No" response within 15 seconds, we will assume you are busy and will not attempt to transfer the call.