How to Forward Calls from 8x8 to Smith.ai
Customers utilizing 8x8 should follow the steps below to enable their call forwarding.
Here is how:
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Go to your Extension numbers.
- Click on the Extension you wish to forward. Go to your Basic information and make sure the phone number/s selected are the ones you wish to forward. Set the Ring Pattern to Simultaneous, and the Ring Group Caller ID to Caller's name and Caller's number.
The Total time to alert a member setting, should be set to 30 seconds or more to ensure there is enough time for your Smith.ai receptionists to answer your calls.
- Scroll down to the Call forwarding rules, and select Forward all calls. Click the pencil icon to edit the settings.
- Type in your Smith number, and then click on it to add it to the list. Then click Save.
- When complete, be sure to click “Save” at the bottom of the extension page to enable your new call forwarding set-up.
Navigate here to see how to set up your business hours, and after-hours forwarding.
How to forward your calls from your Admin Console
- Log into your Portal.
- Go to your Setting on the bottom left of the page.
- Open your Account Settings.
- In the left hand menu, click on Call forwarding rules. Go to the pencil icon to edit the call forwarding rules.
- In the Forwarding window, type in your Smith number in the Select target box, and it will register it as an external number. Click Save.
- Make sure you click Save again at the bottom of the Call forwarding rules page.
We're here to help.
If you need any help, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (650) 727-6484. Our support hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 5am – 9pm PT / 8am – 12am ET
- Saturday and Sunday: 6am - 4pm PT / 9am - 7pm ET