How to Forward Calls from Net2Phone to Smith.ai
Net2Phone customers using Smith.ai to handle their calls will need to change the settings in their Net2Phone account to ensure calls are being forwarded to Smith.ai and that caller's numbers appear correctly to our receptionists (caller ID). Here's how to update your Net2Phone account to properly forward your calls.
How to forward calls from Net2Phone to Smith.ai
- Choose one of the following options that Net2Phone offers for call forwarding:
- All calls (dial
- No-answer calls
- Busy calls
- Refer to the list below or view the list on the Net2Phone website, for the correct "service code" associated with your desired call-forwarding option.
- If you would like to enter a new destination phone number, dial the destination number immediately after the service code. After you hear the confirmation announcement, you can hang up the phone handset. Call forwarding is now enabled.
- For example, if you want to forward all calls to 123-456-7890, which is a new destination number (in this case, your Smith.ai Receptionists number), you would dial *7211234567890 (note that the US country code "1" must be included before the area code).
- If you have previously entered a destination phone number and wish to forward calls to the same number, dial the service code, wait for the confirmation announcement, and then hang up the phone handset. Call forwarding is now enabled.
- For example, if you want to forward all calls to 123-456-7890, which is a previous destination number, you would dial *72, wait for the confirmation, and then hang up.
- Online option: If you wish to change your call forwarding settings through your online account, you may do so in the "Manage Service Features" section of the Net2Phone online account center. Log in here.
We're here to help.
Questions about setting up your call forwarding from Net2Phone? Smith.ai's support team is available to help you Monday through Friday, 5am – 6pm PT, via phone at (650) 727-6484 or via email at email@example.com.