Converting/Preparing Audio for Voicemail & Greetings
Both Smith.ai and Keypad use mp3 format files for your greetings and voicemail. (Yes, it would be awesome if we converted the files for you...but we're not there yet!)
If you need to record the greetings yourself, please head over to How to record your own greetings (or have someone do it for you).
If you've already recorded them and they are not yet in mp3 format, don't fret. We're here to help.
Ok, now that we've cleared that up. You have an audio file. It isn't in mp3 format. And you want it to be! So:
- Have your file ready
- Go to https://online-audio-converter.com/
- Use their default settings
- Click "open files". Find your file and select it. You'll see it upload.
- Click "convert". Click "download". There you go!
- Your file will download to your Downloads folder. You may want to listen to it to make sure it worked. (It probably did.)
That's it. You now have an mp3 file ready for use for your Virtual Receptionist or Keypad greeting.