How to Connect Your MyCase Account to Smith.ai
How the MyCase + Smith.ai integration works
With this integration, after every call, Smith.ai can now:
- Add calls in the Call Log, under Communications
- Add call details and receptionists' summaries to these call logs
How to connect your MyCase account with Smith.ai
If you're already a MyCase user, getting started is simple:
- Request your unique MyCase-Smith.ai "app approval URL" by emailing email@example.com.
- Once you receive the URL (typically in less than 24 hours), open it in your web browser. Follow the prompts to log in to MyCase. This authorizes the connection between your MyCase and Smith.ai accounts.
- Reply to the original email you sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you have completed the connection process in Step 2, and send us any MyCase-specific call handling requests, such as how to complete a MyCase intake form for potential qualified clients who call in.
- That's it! You'll now see conversations logged in your Call Log, with the full details of the call summary included.
How to see Smith.ai calls and callers in MyCase:
To view your Call Log, navigate to the Communications tab:
A new Call Log record created by a receptionist after a call will look something like this:
Here's that example from above, broken into three screenshots (from left to right) and zoomed in, to more easily view the details:
Notice above that the Call is attributed to the "Smith.ai Integration," and also that the call Type will display as "Incoming" for inbound calls and "Outgoing" for outbound calls (those calls made by the receptionists, e.g., when calling back a web form lead).
Notice also how you are able to take actions on the call (see screenshots, below).
- Mark the call as "resolved"
- Add a time entry
- Add a task
- Edit the call log
- Delete the call log (not recommended)
There you have it! We hope this integration is valuable to you and saves precious time otherwise spent on data entry and reconciliation.
Adding a contact or lead from the Call Log:
If you're an active MyCase user and want to update a caller handled by Smith.ai to a "contact" or "lead" in your account, you can follow the below process:
- Once a call log has been created by Smith.ai, you will see a person icon to the right of the caller name that allows you to add/link a contact or lead to the call log.
- Clicking the person icon brings up the form below. You can create a new contact, a new lead, or attach the log to an existing person in MyCase. Choosing to create a contact or lead will bring up the standard "Add Contact" or "Add Lead" modal. Once you're finished, click "OK."
The call log will now show the caller name in a different color to show that it is linked, and the person icon is no longer visible. That is it! Now a call is attached to a contact or lead in MyCase!
Smith.ai integration pricing note: Each plan includes one free integration. CRM integrations are not available for Essential plans. View current pricing.
Related MyCase resource:
- Share your intake form with Smith.ai to add contacts and new-client data to your account, after every PNC call or chat.
Please reach Smith.ai Support via phone at (650) 727-6484 or via email at email@example.com.