Initiate an Outbound Virtual Receptionist call from Smith.ai when a New HubSpot Form is Submitted via Zapier
This guide will cover how to initiate an outbound call from Smith.ai when a new HubSpot form is submitted using Zapier.
To get started, you’ll need:
- A Zapier account
- A Smith.ai account & your Smith.ai API key
- A HubSpot account with administrator permissions
Connecting WPForms to Smith.ai
- Sign up for a Zapier account for free. If you already have a Zapier account, go to the next step.
- Install the Zapier integration into your Hubspot account using these instructions.
- Go to the Hubspot + Smith.ai Zapier Integrations page.
- Choose the action and trigger from the options displayed. In this example, we've chosen New Form Submission as the trigger and Call Someone (Virtual Receptionist) as the action.
- Press the Connect HubSpot+ Smith button.Note: If you are not logged into Zapier, you will be prompted to do so.
- After reviewing your selections, press the Get started button.
- Connect HubSpot and Smith.ai to your Zapier account by following the prompts.
- Customize the Zap to meet your business needs.
If it's your first time building a Zap, review the basics of creating Zaps to get started. You're not limited to a single action. Try using filters, formatting, and other advanced Zapier actions.
You must have a form created and that includes a telephone number field for the Smith.ai Call Someone Zap to work correctly. It's recommended that the telephone number field on your form be mandatory as the Zap will not work without it.
- Test the Zap.
- In the upper right, click to toggle the switch ON to turn on your Zap. Once your Zap is turned on, it will initiate an Outbound Call from Smith.ai every time a new HubSpot form is submitted.
Please reach Smith.ai Support at (650) 727-6484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.