Route Smith.ai Call Summaries to a Slack Channel
Smith.ai call summaries can go to a Slack channel. For example, you could have a channel called #messages, and receive all your Smith.ai call summaries like this:
How to set this up:
- If you're not the team admin, send this page to them. You need to have administration privileges to proceed.
- Go to your Slack team's "apps" page. The url will look like this:
- Search for "email" and enable it. You'll see a screen like this:
- Click "Add Configuration"
- If you haven't made a channel in which you want to receive your Smith.ai call summaries, do that now by clicking "create a new channel"
- Select the channel you want from the dropdown (select) menu and choose "Add Email Integration"
- The resulting page gives you an email address. They will mail this to your site admin as well, but copy it down just for convenience
- Fill out and confirm all the details on this page. You can add an icon for Smith.ai. Here's ours if you'd like to use it: Smith.ai Avatar
- When you are done your settings should look something like this:
- Test the integration by emailing something to that new address. You must be a member of that new channel to see the message, though. Usually it takes about a minute for it to show up. When it does, you'll see this:
- Email our support team with the following information:
Email subject: Please add email notification CC
Email text: Please add [insert your newly-created slack channel email] to our call summary destinations
- We will confirm when this is set up for you. It should usually be within the same business day.
That's it. Please let us know if you encounter any issues and we'll be happy to help.