Installing Smith.ai Chat on a Google Sites Website
Note: We recommend using a different website provider like Weebly, Wix, Squarespace, or Wordpress. Google Sites is a good solution for simple website design, but they do not play nicely with chat widgets — ours or anyone else's.
- Sign into your Google Sites account and navigate to your site
- Scroll to the bottom of the web page and click "+ Add Footer" then “Edit Footer.” (You obviously won’t need to add a footer if you already have one.)
- On the right pane at the top click "Embed"
- Click "Embed Code"
- Open a new tab and navigate to to your Smith.ai Chat dashboard. Then go to Settings>Widget>Install, and copy your embed code to your clipboard.
- Go back to your Google Sites tab and paste the widget code into the code field, then click "Next"
- Repeat these steps for every page of your website you want your widget to appear on
On Google Sites, your widget will not “hover” at the bottom corner like it does on other sites. So we recommend choosing strategic placement and testing the site to make sure the widget is formatted properly.