How To Style Your Smith.ai Chat Widget
How to style your widget
- In your dashboard, click on the settings gear:
- Click on “Widget” next to “Account” and “Business Info”
- Scroll down and click on “Style”
- From there, you can style your widget:
- Color (requires the hex code of your color):
- Button type (just the icon, or with the word "chat" next to it). You can also choose to have your widget displayed on the left side of your page instead of the bottom right corner.
- Title and intro:
- Upload your logo:
- Check out the size of your logo and change or remove it
- Don't forget to save! Here's how your widget should look after you update your color, button type, logo, title, and intro (this example also has a disclaimer):
How to require a phone number to initiate chats
In addition to requiring a name and email to initiate chat, you have the option to request a phone number too. You could use this number to call someone who left a chat early, or reduce the amount of contact information you need to collect later. Here's how to set it up:
- If you're not already there, go to Settings > Widget > Style in your chat dashboard.
- Beneath "Visitor Info" you can require a phone number before the chat begins. Click on the toggle to turn it on and then confirm the change.
- That's it! Your info fields should now include Name, Email, and Phone: