How to Connect Your Lawmatics Account to Smith.ai Web Chat
Connect Smith.ai Chat to Your Lawmatics Account
- Sign into your Lawmatics account.
- In a new tab, sign in to your Smith.ai Chat account and navigate to Integrations.
- Click on Lawmatics under “All Integrations.” Then click connect.
- You’ll be transferred to a screen letting you know that Smith.ai Chat is requesting access to Lawmatics. Click “Grant Access.”
- After granting access, your Smith.ai integrations page should show Lawmatics as connected:
Find Contact Info and Chat Transcripts in Your Lawmatics Account
Once connected, your chat contact info and transcripts will appear as new contacts and matters in Lawmatics. Here’s how to see them:
- Hover over "CRM" in your Lawmatics account and click on "Contacts."
- You will see anyone who contacted your chat widget as a "Lead" under “All Contacts.”
- Click on a contact to access chat transcripts and lead information (name, phone, email).
- Navigate from “Details” to “Matters” to see the chat transcripts. Click on “Go to Matter” to access the full transcript for each chat:
Note: All new chat transcripts with the same web visitor will appear as new matters under the same contact.
Set Up Lawmatics to Notify You of New Client
Lawmatics can notify you in-app and via email that a chat transcript has been entered into your account. Note that Smith.ai will also automatically email you the web visitor information and chat transcript.
- In your Lawmatics account, hover over the person icon in the upper righthand corner of your screen and click on “Account Settings.”
- In the left menu options, click “Notifications.”
- In Lawmatics the acronym PNC stands for “potential new case.” The contact labeled "PNC" is a lead. All new chat interactions will be logged as PNCs.
Turn on either In-App or Email notifications for “PNC Added” to be notified of new chats.