How to turn off Call Screening in Vonage
Vonage Call Screening is a setting that plays the recorded name of the caller before connecting the call. Having this setting enabled can cause an unwanted delay in your calls being answered by our team of receptionists. The following are the steps to turn off the setting.
- From your Vonage Dashboard, go to your Admin Portal.
- On the left side menu go to the Phone System tab, and click on Extensions.
- Hover over the extension you would like to edit, and then click the pencil icon on the right.
- Scroll down to the Call Screening section, and uncheck the box for Enable Call Screening. You will also want to keep Call Announce and Screen Menu unchecked as well.
- Click Save at the top right of the page.
You can also set your Call Group extensions to disable the Call Screening feature as well, following the same steps, but under Call Groups.
If you need any help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (650) 727-6484.
Our support hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 5am – 6pm PT / 8am – 9pm ET
- Saturday and Sunday: 6am - 4pm PT / 9am - 7pm ET