How to forward your calls from Zoom to Smith.ai
Zoom customers will need to set up call forwarding to Smith.ai for our receptionists to be able to answer your calls. Follow the directions below to ensure your calls are being forwarded correctly:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Phone System Management then Users and Rooms.
- Click the name of the user you want to forward calls from.
- Go to Call Handling and Click Edit.
- Click Add Phone Number and type in your Smith number. Uncheck the box to require callers to press 1 before connecting to the custom phone number, as this interferes with the forwarding process. Make sure to select the correct country/region in the drop-down menu so you can add the external phone number.
- Select the method to distribute calls during business, closed, and holiday hours. You can only have one call handling ring mode for all hours specified.
Note: Turn off the Zoom Applications toggle if you don't want to receive calls on the Zoom Desktop Client and Mobile App.
If you need any assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (650) 727-6484.