Accept or reject incoming call transfer requests in Microsoft Teams
Connect your Smith.ai account to Microsoft Teams
- Create a channel for your team to receive Smith.ai incoming call notifications and name it something like "notify_channel"
- Navigate to the channel and select (•••) from the top navigation bar. Then choose Connectors from the drop-down menu
- Search for "Incoming Webhook" and then click Configure
- Give your webhook a name and, optionally, an image avatar
- You will be given a unique URL that will map to the channel. Copy the URL and send it to email@example.com with the subject line "Set up call transfer requests for Microsoft Teams"
- Click Done. The webhook will be available in the team channel.
How to respond to Smith.ai Microsoft Teams notifications
When your caller meets your "live transfer" requirements, you'll see a notification that looks like this in the Microsoft Teams channel you created:
Approve a call transfer request
Click "Accept transfer" to approve the transfer request and have the call connected to you.
Deny a call transfer request
Click "Decline" to deny the transfer request and have your Smith.ai receptionist handle the call.
What happens if you don't respond
If we do not receive a "Yes" or "No" response within 30 seconds, we will assume you are busy and will not attempt to transfer the call.