Customize Your Chat Widget Greeting, Disclaimer, and Availability Messaging
- In your dashboard, click on the bot icon:
- Then click on “Widget” next to “Knowledge Base” and “Business Info”
- To update offline and away messages, click on “Availability”
- Offline message will display outside of Smith.ai’s hours, when your chat is not staffed by live receptionists. Away message will send if your visitor doesn’t see a response within two minutes. The second case is highly unlikely as our receptionists almost always answer within moments of engagement.
- Click on “Disclaimer” to display a disclaimer within your widget:
- Choose whether or not to show the disclaimer and customize what it says.
- Scroll down and click on “Greeting” to update how your widget engages your website visitors:
- Customize your greeting to sound like your firm. For example you could say “Hi! Thanks for your interest in [YOUR BUSINESS NAME]. Can I answer any questions for you today?”
From this page, you can also adjust the "trigger" time (how long before the widget engages your website visitor).