Fixing problems with X-Lite or Bria
This article addresses two common problems with X-Lite and Bria:
- Calls work but do not pick up audio from your your mic or headset (usually on desktop computers)
- Outbound calls work but inbound do not
Please jump to the section that addresses your issue
Calls work, but will not pick up audio from your mic or headset
This is likely because your computer has not granted permission to use the mic or headset.
Mac OS X Mojave (10.14) and up
- Open system preferences
- Go to security and privacy
- Click the "microphone" section/tab
- Click the lock in the bottom left corner to make changes
- Check the box next to X-Lite to allow X-Lite to use your microphone
For more information, see here.
Outbound calls work but inbound do not
You have taken the time to set up your Keypad SIP phone through X-Lite/Bria. You can place outbound calls without any problems. However, incoming calls will not ring through.
If you experience this issue and incoming calls are only showing as missed calls, you may have a firewall issue.
Please try this solution:
- Open your Bria/X-Lite account settings and select "Topology."
- Next, change the firewall settings from "Auto" to "None."
- Click "OK", and "Apply."
- Complete a test call to see if this solved the problem.
If this does not work and you are still not receiving incoming calls with X-Lite or Bria, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further troubleshooting with one of our support team members.