How to Set Up Call Routing
Your office directory is set up with your destination numbers. Your voicemail greetings are in place. Now it's time to route your calls!
Basic call-routing menu setup
Incoming calls can be handled in four ways: with a menu, message, transfer, or voicemail.
Unless you're on vacation or taking a break from your business, you'll likely want to use a menu as the first step in your call routing configuration.
How to create a menu:
- Find your main number in Keypad and click "Configure."
- Add a new schedule for all days & hours.
- Add a "menu" step.
- Set up a greeting and menu options, like "Press 1 for new clients" and "Press 2 for existing clients."
- For each menu option, choose to transfer the call, play a message, or send to voicemail.
- Call your Keypad number and test your menu.
Tip: Once you've completed your menu, review your configuration. Have you included all destination numbers? Do all call paths end in a message or voicemail?