How to Connect Smith.ai Chat to Zapier
Zapier is a platform that connects software through a series of triggers and actions. Smith.ai Chat provides a Zapier action that can trigger many different events, based on your needs. Here's how to get started:
- You will be on your Zapier dashboard. From here, click “Make A Zap”
- Choose “Smith.ai Chat” as your trigger app and “New Chat” as your trigger action.
- You will need to add your Smith.ai Chat account if this is the first Zap you’ve set up. Click “Connect an account” and you will see a screen like this:
- In a new tab, in to your Smith.ai Web Chat account and navigate to Integrations.
- Click on the Zapier integration to view your API token. Copy the token and go back to your Zapier tab.
- Insert the Smith.ai API token into Zapier and continue.
- You have two choices here:
- Choose “Find Chat” if you have any closed relevant conversations from the last 24 hours
- Skip this step. This is the recommended choice. We provide an example conversation for this situation so you can finish configuring the Zap with dummy data.
- Now set up your action. You can have chat contact info and transcripts sent through Gmail, Twitter, Mailchimp, Trello, and hundreds of other apps connected to Zapier. For more inspiration, explore the Zapier apps.
Your first integration is free. Any additional integrations will incur an extra fee. See current pricing for more info.