Uploading a CSV file to direct transfer/block ("whitelist"/"blacklist") numbers utilizing your VR dashboard
Whether you are a new Smith.ai customer or you have been with us long-term, you likely have a list of VIPs that you want to speak with anytime they call. This document will assist you in bulk adds to either your Direct Transfer list or Blocked Numbers list.
What is a Direct Transfer List (previously "whitelist"), and why do I want one?
If you are unfamiliar with the terminology, direct transferring a number simply means that anytime a call from a specified number comes to us, it is redirected to your main number on file directly instead of our receptionist. This is useful for any important clients, family members, judges/court staff, etc. Anyone that you would like to speak with any time they call. Once a caller is added to the Direct Transfer list, you will no longer be charged for inbound calls that come from that number.
What is a Blocked Numbers List (previously "blacklist"), and why do I want one:
You also have the ability to block numbers from reaching your business line. By adding these numbers to your Block List, you will prevent them from reaching you or our team again on future attempts. This is incredibly useful for unwanted sales/spam calls, rude/unwanted clients, and unwanted referrals. One benefit to blocking these callers is that you avoid unnecessary charges through our service, here at Smith.ai we will never charge you for these unwanted calls.
How to add numbers to your Lists with a CSV:
You now have the ability to upload a CSV using your online VR Dashboard.
- Create & save your CSV file. This should contain one column consisting of only numbers.
- Check for and remove duplicate numbers -
- Select the range of cells that has duplicate values you want to remove.
- Click Data > Remove Duplicates, and then Under Columns, check or uncheck the columns where you want to remove the duplicates.
- Login to your VR Dashboard, if you need assistance setting this up, please see: Using and Accessing the Smith.ai Call Dashboard.
- Load the call handling page scroll down. Be sure you are on the appropriate list whether you are attempting to use the Direct Transfer or Blocked Numbers list.
- In the top menu select the "IMPORT CSV" option
- Click "Browse" and upload the file from your computer. Then click "Add"
- Voila! You will now see a pop-up for how many numbers were successfully added, and if there were any entries that were skipped.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (650) 727-6484.