Porting Your Number to Smith.ai
Nearly all popular carriers and services allow porting. That means AT&T Wireless, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Boost, MetroPCS, and so on.
You must follow these steps, in this order
(Feel free to print this out and use it as a checklist — it'll make things easier!)
- Download and fill out this file
📎 Letter of Authorization (Click here to download)
- Get a scanned (or electronic) copy of your most recent phone bill for that number (within the last 30 days) that includes the account, owner/authorized user name, and address information for all the numbers you'd like to port.
- Email both documents to email@example.com (in the same email).
- Release your number with your existing provider:
- For Google Voice, you will need to release your number here.
- For RingCentral, you will need to call them and request a Customer Service Report, and let them know that you are porting the number out. More information here.
- For Wireless Numbers (AT&T, Verizon, T-mobile), we need the wireless account number as well as the PIN or last 4 of SSN
If you're having difficulty with your port request please let us know and we will attempt to help.