Keypad: What to Expect When Signing Up
Signing up with Keypad is easy and takes less than 5 minutes. You can get a new business number or port in (transfer) your existing business number.
When you sign up at https://smith.ai/keypad, here's what you can expect:
- You'll be prompted to sign up with an email address and a 6-character-minimum password.
- You will then be asked to select a phone number. You may choose a local or toll-free number.
Important: If you already have a business number that you wish to keep, you MUST choose a temporary number at this step. After you set up your Keypad account with this temporary number, you can then follow the porting directions to transfer your current business number(s) to Keypad (phone and/or fax). Once the porting is complete (typically within 10 business days), you can remove the temporary number from your account, and you will not be charged for this temporary number.
You can select an area code for your local number, as well as specific digits or a sequence of digits that you would like the number to include.When you opt to search only for toll-free numbers, the options for toll-free area codes are 833, 844, 855, 866, and 877. If you would like to have an 800 number, you may purchase that separately and port it to Keypad.
(Note: There is no additional cost for toll-free numbers, but please note that toll-free number minutes could as 2 local minutes, so the included minutes in your Keypad plan will not be 1,000 minutes, but instead 500 minutes.)
- Once you have selected a phone number, you will be prompted to enter your full contact information, including your time zone, which is important for accurate call routing.
- You can then select optional add-ons to your Keypad plan, including call recording, voicemail transcription, and fax (inbound and outbound). Just as Keypad is billed month-to-month, with no contract or setup fee, these optional add-ons may be added or removed on a monthly basis, as well.
- That's it! Your Keypad account is now active! The next step is to add numbers to your Office Directory and set up your call routing.
We're here to make your switch to Keypad as easy as possible. Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for assistance with account setup. The Keypad support team is available Monday through Friday, 6am to 6pm PST.